Focus 3 Facelift (Bj. Okt.14-**) DYB NAVI Aktivierung Sync2

Diskutiere NAVI Aktivierung Sync2 im Focus Mk3 Forum Forum im Bereich Ford Focus Forum; Update 05.06.2016: Ford has blocked access to the navigation licence download server. Unfortunately without the licence, navigation cannot be...

1. #1 D-K, 24.05.2016
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 14.07.2016
    D-K

D-K Benutzer

Fahrzeug:
    Focus MK3 1.0L Ecoboost 100PS
    Update 05.06.2016: Ford has blocked access to the navigation licence download server. Unfortunately without the licence, navigation cannot be fully activated!
    Ford hat Zugriff auf die Navigationslizenz Download-Server blockiert. Leider ohne die Lizenz, die Navigation nicht vollständig aktiviert werden kann!

Update 14.07.2016: Alternative way to get navigation licence file
    http://chipford.ru/aktivaciya-navigacii-ford-sync.html
    Not free of cost, price for licence file is approximately €70
    (Previously chipford was selling complete navigation set as one package for retrofitting, but they seem to have realized that many are aware of the the free navigation activation and are now offering navigation licence file for a price)
    Many thanks to "focus07" for reasearch, trying chipford and leaving a feedback :)

Moreover, F5 card torrent file link is also present at the bottom of the page in the chipford link. In case of questions or detailed explanation on how to create a F5 card from torrent link contents, please write to me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mein Deutsch ist nicht gut. Ich schreibe auf Englisch.

Könnte jemand übersetzen zu anderen Mitgliedern profitiert werden?

Straightforward method to retrofit navigation will be to replace the your APIM with an APIM from another car with Sync2 navigation. Once done, you can simply insert the SD card and use navigation. However, it is difficult to find an APIM with navigation and even if found, the module is very expensive.

I came across several forums (USA, Russia) in the last few months discussing about activation (not retrofit) of navigation in Sync2 using ELM327 ODB adapter and FORScan Module Configuration. Thanks to FORScan and to the members of several ford forums. Module configuration is a very powerful feature that can potentially enable/activate a lot of features like enabling rear view camera and other locked options. I am excited and eager to see further developments in this direction.

I remember several members in this forum asking if Sync2 navigation can be retrofitted or activated. So, I thought it will be helpful to post here.

Please note that I haven't tried this procedure myself. I installed Sync2 in 2014 Focus (pre-facelift) with navigation and camera but it's a different story.
    I know friends who have tried this method of using FORScan module configuration and were successful. I am not responsible for any damage this procedure may cause. In my opinion, unnecessary or unintentional changes to the modules can damage the functionality and could brick the car. So, please pay attention and follow steps with caution.

Hardware/Software Tools

• ELM327 ODB adapter or similar
    • FORScan
    • FoCCCus
    • Ford navigation SD card or 32GB SD card
    • USB drive

Steps
    1. Obtain extended licence for FORScan
    2. Activate navigation in APIM
    3. Generate and Install navigation licence
    4. Buy or prepare SD card
    5. Navigation info in Instrument cluster

Procedure
    1. Obtain extended licence for FORScan
    Recent updates to FORScan has provided the ability to perform module configuration. Module configuration is a powerful procedure that can alter the configuration of a module to enable/disable several features. However, extended licence is required to perform module configuration and fortunately a 2-month test extended licence can be obtained for free. Life-time extended licences are only issued to beta testes and translators involed with FORScan R&D. Some important links regarding FORScan below
    What's FORScan http://forscan.org/home.html
    Download http://forscan.org/download.html
    About licences and how to obtain extended licence http://forscan.org/download.html
    ELM327 with FORScan http://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4

2. Activate navigation in APIM
    Connect the vehicle to FORScan.
    [​IMG]

Wait until FORScan is ready meaning it has finished connecting and reading data from the vehicle
    [​IMG]

Go to Configuration and Programming and select APIM Module Configuration (AS BUILT format)
    [​IMG]

Click the play button on the bottom to Run Service Procedure (this will read out APIM configuration)
    [​IMG]

Change 7D0-01-02 first block of data's first byte from MSB (only 2 digits) to "04" and Write the changes and click Yes if further confirmation is required.
    In this example, 0003 changed to 0403
    [​IMG]
    If successful, notification pops-up informing that changes to module configuration has been successfully applied.
    Now navigation is partially enabled as it still requires licence to be fully activated.

3. Generate and Install navigation licence
    Go to Sync2 Diagnostics menu (From "FM" or "AM", press CD Eject and Next buttons simultaneously)
    Update: not necessary to be in the FM or AM menu, you also enter diagnostic mode from home screen
    [​IMG]

Wait 4-5 seconds for the diagnostics menu to appear
    Go to APIM Diagnostics (1st in the list)
    Go to Part Numbers (usually 1st in the list on the left side)
    Take note of the following 5 fields
    VIN --> length 17
    APIM Serial Number (ESN) --> 8
    H/W (HardwareFortPartNumber) --> 14
    CCPU S/W (ImageFPN) --> 14
    VMCU S/W (VMCUFortPartNumber) --> 14

Download excel file (https://yadi.sk/i/XsDk_RNqrw759) used to generate navigation licence files.
    [​IMG]
    Open excel file and change the values highlighted in yellow (Row 8, columnA = VIN, columnB=APIM Serial Number, columnC=H/W, columnD=CCPU S/W and columnF=VMCU S/W)
    Once the values are changed, link in Row 9 is adapted accordigly. Copy and paste link in internet browser and download compressed file with the VIN as file name.
    The downloaded file should be approximately 28MB.
    Format USB to FAT32 and extract downloaded compressed file to root of the USB drive.
    Keep the engine running and insert USB drive into vehicle USB port and installation should start.
    Wait until you get a confirmation that installation is complete.
    If no error, navigation licence is successfully installed.

If you want to have TMC, replacement of ACM (radio unit) is required to the best of my knowledge.

4. Buy or prepare SD card
    You can buy and insert a Ford OEM navigation SD card. Latest is F5(2016). On ebay you can find a F5 card for €50.

Alternatively, you can also prepare your own F5 SD card from original contents. As this procedure deals with download of original F5 card contents from torrents, I am a bit sceptical if it is appropriate to post the torrent link here. If anyone requires the torrent link, please PM me ;)
    You will need at least 32GB SDHC or MicroSD card. Download SD-Booster app or any other software the can read Serial number of the SD card.
    The serial number of the SD card is provided as an input to a program (comes with torrent download) to generate SDcard key file.
    The SDcard key file and F5 original contents (some voice database is ripped off to fit the contents into 32GB card, but all major European voices are available) are copied to the SD card and that's it.

5. Navigation info in Instrument cluster
    [​IMG]
    Using FoCCCus and ELMS327, change bit#172 to the following
    [​IMG]

Enjoy Navigation :cool:

If you have any further questions, I can help out. Please feel free to PM or reply to this post.

Anhänge:

2. Faint

Faint Forum Profi

Fahrzeug:
    Ford Focus MK3 '12 1.6 TDCi
    Amazing! Unfortunately I own a pre-FL :) Your story about the Sync2 in pre-FL would also be interesting. I only retrofitted an Sony Nav and BVC.

3. #3 D-K, 24.05.2016
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 25.05.2016
    D-K

D-K Benutzer

Fahrzeug:
    Thanks! I was in two minds when I had to buy the Focus. I really wanted the Sync2 system and was thinking to wait for a few more months to have the FL with Sync2. But then I finally purchased the pre-FL model given the price and discounts I got from the dealer. I was hopeful that I could retrofit the Sync2 in pre-FL inspiring from the Russians.

Nearly after 8 months to find and buy the required parts, prepare custom wiring, some research and some help from Russian friends, Sync2 with navigation and camera was successfully installed. It was not cheap and straight forward at that time, but the effort, final result and satisfaction is well worth for me.

Anhänge:

4. #4 Tomber42, 24.05.2016
    Tomber42

Tomber42 Benutzer

Wow, interesting.. If here is someone nearby Berlin with this equipment which can do this please pm

Gesendet von meinem HTC One A9 mit Tapatalk

5. #5 McGeiver87, 24.05.2016
    McGeiver87

McGeiver87 Forum As

Fahrzeug:
    Ford Focus MK3 Titanium
    Bj.2013
    1,6l Tdci
    In your first post there are pics from the German sync2 system which is installed in the Facelift. In the last post there are pics from the American sync2 system wich was installed in the pre-facelift. Are the two systems similar to each other?

Which parts did you need to change the systems?

6. #6 D-K, 24.05.2016
    D-K

D-K Benutzer

Fahrzeug:
    Pics in the first post are not my car. I downloaded FL pics from internet to be more clear for the readers as Sync2 is only available in Europe in FL model.
    Pics in my second post are my car. I installed Sync2 during mid-2015, at that time most of the configuration of Sync2 system before installation had to be done using IDS/Oasis and some configurations using UCDS. For example, FORScan at that time was not capable of activating navigation, therefore had to be done only via IDS/Oasis.

Yes, both systems are Sync2, no difference!
    Regarding parts, Touchscreen, APIM, Radio panel, control interface, screen support bracket, lock/unlock+hazard button, media hub (usb+sdcard) in armrest, SD card, camera bracket, camera module, camera, lot of wiring (mostly self made). May also need a swap of ACM (radio) if you want to have TMC.

7. #7 McGeiver87, 24.05.2016
    McGeiver87

McGeiver87 Forum As

Fahrzeug:
    Ford Focus MK3 Titanium
    Bj.2013
    1,6l Tdci
    Ok most of the parts are clear. If I buy a radio like yours (the American system), a few parts will be included:
    -touchscreen
    -Radio panel (is it the with the buttons?)
    -control interface (the part behind the panel?)
    -lock/unlock

-Media hub, i have in my armrest, already (but only usb and line in) do i still need the other media hub?

-Sd-card (for navi)
    -Cam and Cam- module (for the Rearview camera)

What is the APIM and the Screen support bracket?

8. #8 D-K, 25.05.2016
    D-K

D-K Benutzer

Fahrzeug:
    APIM (14D212) is a module attached behind the touchscreen. This is also called Sync2 module.
    Control interface (14B120) is the button unit of the panel
    Radio panel is the remaining part
    Screen support is a plastic structure which sits above the ACM (radio) in order to hold the touch screen at the right position. Sorry, I can't find the pic of support bracket right now :(

Sometimes you could find a used Sync2 unit with entire panel, buttons and touchscreen support as well. Configuration with IDS/Oasis may be required in order to program options in your car to Sync2 like emergency calling, ambient lights, etc.

You will need the high media hub (14K152) with 2USB+SD Card + Line-In(3 inputs).

Anhänge:

9. #9 McGeiver87, 25.05.2016
    McGeiver87

McGeiver87 Forum As

Fahrzeug:
    Ford Focus MK3 Titanium
    Bj.2013
    1,6l Tdci
    Thanks for the informations. Now i have to think about it, because it will be very expensive and will cost many time.

10. D-K

D-K Benutzer

Fahrzeug:
    kein Problem! Freue mich zu helfen.

11. #11 MaxMax66, 25.05.2016
    MaxMax66

MaxMax66 Forum Profi

Fahrzeug:
    Ford Focus III vFL
    1.6L Ti-VCT (16V)
    125 PS
    very good! I'm excited!
    I always ask, how do the Russians know?
    Ok, they also were the first in space :-)

kann mir bitte nochmal jemand den Unterschied zwischen
    SYNC 1 und SYNC 2 erklären?
    can me again someone the difference between
    SYNC 1 and SYNC 2 explain?

SYNC 2 gab es schon im vFL, aber nur in US, richtig?

12. #12 D-K, 25.05.2016
    D-K

D-K Benutzer

Fahrzeug:
    Like you said, I think it started when they first figured a way out to go to space ;)
    They do some very nice modifications to their cars but there are also some crazy people doing some unbelievable mods.

Yes you are right, Sync2 was available only in US/Canada for the vFL model.

If you mean functional differences,
    Sync1 can perform simple tasks (calling, browse music) using voice control. Voice commands are very specific and limited. Largest is 5" color display with USB, bluetooth, navigation, camera and AppLink.
    You are one of the most knowledgeable and responsive persons in this forum, so I guess you know much better about this system.

Sync2 is a more advanced version of Sync1 with matured and natural voice control. More commands are available to control several key functions like Phone, Radio/Music, Navigation and Climate. Default is 8" resistive touchscreen with bluetooth and features like navigation, camera are optional. Supports Siri Eyes Free but no AppLink

Hardware wise,
    APIM (the brain) is one major difference. Sync1 APIM is located behind climate unit. Sync2 is attached behind touchscreen. High-end Media hub and Front control interface module are also exclusive to Sync2. Wiring between the two systems is also significantly different. Sync2 is more networked in the car to ACM, media hub and CAN. In Sync1, TMC decoder for navigation is part of the display interface, but in Sync2 it's a part of ACM.

More info here
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Sync
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MyFord_Touch

Not all users might like Sync2, some prefer Sync1 as it is simple. In the end it's a matter of taste and liking for in-car entertainment/infotainment systems. At least in the early years of its introduction from 2011-2013, Sync2 was very basic from appearance point of view and also very bad in terms of usage (sluggish and unresponsive). A lot of criticism was one of reasons to delay it's launch in Europe and Asia. But in my opinion, it has improved in the last two years, it's more responsive, smooth and visually appealing. I have been using Sync2 for nearly 15 months now and I cannot complain much, good but not great. Sync3 is very tempting now :lol:

13. #13 focus07, 14.06.2016
    focus07

focus07 Neuling

Fahrzeug:
    Ford Focus Titanium 1,0l 125Ps Ez 08/2015
    Schade das Ford den Zugriff auf dem Navigationslizenz Download-Server blockiert hat. Kennt jemand einen der einen neuen Link hat um die Navigationslizenz zu downloaden? Um Rückantwort wäre ich dankbar. Denn mein FFH ist nicht bereit dieses durchzuführen.

14. #14 geertmustang, 14.06.2016
    geertmustang

geertmustang Neuling

Fahrzeug:
    Ford Mondeo 2008 2.5T
    It still can be done.
    To download i use google chrome, instead of internet explorer.

Just use the correct url to download, then it will be no problem. Ford changed the servers url.
    For example, the url in the excel sheet is at this moment : [TD="colspan: 11"]https://www.etis.ford.com/rest/givis/getInstallPackage/Z6FBXXESWBES16059/XRA8J8ZX/BM5T-14F130-AB/EA5T-14D544-AD/DEALER?cspn=DM5T-14D205-AG&ccpn=&vp=P5&rswfpn=&iswfpn=EA5T-14F657-AD&uswfpn=&timeout=30000[/TD]

If changed to : [TD="colspan: 11"]http://etis.dealerconnection.com/rest/givis/getInstallPackage/Z6FBXXESWBES16059/XRA8J8ZX/BM5T-14F130-AB/EA5T-14D544-AD/DEALER?cspn=DM5T-14D205-AG&ccpn=&vp=P5&rswfpn=&iswfpn=EA5T-14F657-AD&uswfpn=&timeout=30000 [/TD]

The download will start, you also can get an HTTP403 error, but the file download ( with the correct VIN etc. ) will work.

15. Codi

Codi Neuling

I´ve just tried the download today but it does not work for me ;(
    So it seem´s like they just fixed this way to download.

Are there any other ideas how to get the download working?

16. #16 focus07, 12.07.2016
    focus07

focus07 Neuling

Fahrzeug:
  17. #17 focus07, 14.07.2016
    focus07

focus07 Neuling

Fahrzeug:
    Dank dieser Anleitung und der Datei aus Russland habe ich nun Navigation in meinem Focus FL. DANKE, DANKE, DANKE!!!

18. #18 sporty29, 14.07.2016
    sporty29

sporty29 Benutzer

Fahrzeug:
    Ford Focus Traveller Titanium 2015
    heißt das jetzt dass für ~70€ und die SD-Karte (Kosten ?) die Navigation in deinem Focus funktioniert?!

19. D-K

D-K Benutzer

Fahrzeug:
    Gut gemacht! Viel Spaß ;)
    Anleitung aktualisiert mit Ihrem Feedback. Vielen Dank!

20. #20 focus07, 14.07.2016
    focus07

focus07 Neuling

Fahrzeug:
    Ja genau ~70€ und die SD-Karte ~40€ (http://www.ebay.de/) und Navigation läuft. Die Navigationskarte muss die F5 sein.

Thema: NAVI Aktivierung Sync2
Besucher kamen mit folgenden Suchen
  1. forscan sync 2

2. navi license sync2

3. forscan navi aktivieren sync2

4. NAVI Aktivierung ford,
  5. ford navi sd karte aktivieren,
  6. ford navi tacho,
  7. ford activator app,
  8. DM5T-14D544-AD,
  9. ford focus mk3 sync2
Die Seite wird geladen...

NAVI Aktivierung Sync2 - Ähnliche Themen

1. Route am Navi selbst bestimmen??

Route am Navi selbst bestimmen??: moing beinand...wie immer...bevor ich selbst lang suche...kann ich am navi ( C-Max Bj 2015) meine route selbst bestimmen und wenn ja wie...
  2. Sync ohne Navi nach jedem 64sten Ausschalten gehen alle Einstellungen des USB-Sticks verloren

Sync ohne Navi nach jedem 64sten Ausschalten gehen alle Einstellungen des USB-Sticks verloren: Hallo in die Runde, habe das Garantie Problem das bei meinem B-Max immer nach dem 64sten Ausschalten alle USB-Stick Einstellungen inklusive der...
  3. Sync3: Navi-Karte ausrichten

Sync3: Navi-Karte ausrichten: Hallo zusammen, ich habe mich heute erst angemeldet…somit ist dies mein erster Post in diesem Forum. Sollte ich gegen irgendeine Etikette...
  4. Biete Sync Modul mit Display und Navi

Sync Modul mit Display und Navi: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Verkaufe mein Sync 2 mit display und USB HUB. Umbau in vor Facelift möglich. Gegen Aufpreis kann ich auch die...
  5. sd navi karte F5 wird nicht erkannt

sd navi karte F5 wird nicht erkannt: Habe mein Sync2 mit Forscan die Navi Funktion freigeschaltet. Anzeige bitte Navi Karte einstecken wird angezeigt. Wollte nun eine F5 Navi Karte in...