Puma (Bj. 00–02) ECT temperature questions with Zetec-se 1.6, PCM.CHT and PCM.ECT over 125 Celsius

Diskutiere temperature questions with Zetec-se 1.6, PCM.CHT and PCM.ECT over 125 Celsius im Ford Puma 1997-2001 Forum im Bereich Ford Puma Forum; Hallo zusammen. I am new to this forum and I live in Munich, and my german speech is under development, so I will post in english. Sorry for that...

1. #1 fustok, 23.11.2020
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 23.11.2020
    fustok

fustok Neuling

Fahrzeug:
    FORD Puma 1.6L 103HP Zetec-SE (Sigma) 2001
    Hallo zusammen.
    I am new to this forum and I live in Munich, and my german speech is under development, so I will post in english.
    Sorry for that (in case of I will translate).
    I would like to ask you what do you think about my issue.
    Let me please describe the situation by giving as much as information:

Status of my Puma (zetec-se 1.6 Sigma, 103 Hp, benzin, black top, 05.2001, Km 211.000)
    ===============================================================
    • no oil present in water tank
    • no bubble in the water tank
    • no black smoke from the back
    • no white blue smoke from the back
    • no white smoke from the back (just a few when starting the engine with cold outside)
    • no smoke lost from the engine room
    • no oil leaking from the engine room
    • no water leaking from the engine room
    • no strange noise
    • water level ok (no loss, no need to refill)
    • engine oil ok (no needed to refill often)
    • the heating gets warm in the cabin
    • type of water color Purple / -40 Celsius
    • type of motor oil Liqui Moly T4300 5w-30

Driving experience
    ===============
    (depending on the speed, but with all the condition above)
    • no loss of power while accelerating
    • VENT SPEED on position #2
    • VENT OUT SET on windshield
    • Cabin recycling air OFF
    • A/C OFF
    • GEAR 5th
    • Temp needle on dash is in the middle (never go on the red zone after engine warm up)
    • Low Fan Speed is ON
    • High Fan Speed is OFF (I never saw it on)
    • ForScan Lite ECU ObdII reads no faults (same with Torque Pro)
    • RPM (more or less) => 2000/2300 (at 60km/h) , 3000/3300 (at 100km/h)
    • PCM.CHT (in Celsius) => 116 (at 60km/h) , 126 (at 100km/h)
    • PCM.ECT (in Celsius) => 116 (at 60km/h) , 126 (at 100km/h)
    • OBDII.ECT (in Celsius) => 104 (at 60km/h) , 112 (at 100km/h)
    • (OBDII.ECT never lower than 102 after the engine warm up - I saw it reached 119 when I was at 130 km/h)

SYNTHOMS
    =============
    Fear of engine overheating due to thermostat or water pump issues or air in the water circuit.
    I left the water tank cup open for 48 hours to guess for a vacuum of air...nothing has changed :(

Temperature took with laser thermometer after a trip
    =======================================================
    Got a laser thermo and checked that the temperature of the engine head and the engine block and they match the ECU reading (PCM.ECT, PCM.CHT....115C)
    With the same tool, at the same moment, I checked the temperature of the:
    - pipe under the coils block on the right of the engine that will go to the upper right side of the radiator is 115 C
    - pipe going on the upper right side of the radiator and it is almost 110
    - pipe going on the lower left side of the radiator took close to the radiator and it is almost 70
    - pipe going from the lower left side of the radiator took close to the thermostat housing (below the alternator) is almost 75C
    - block engine when the thermostat housing is connected is 95C

Next steps I am planning to do
    =======================
    I got a ford document that explain how to test the cooling system and the thermostat, I will post the result as soon as I will do that.

Questions
    ==========
    1- Could the cause be related to the thermostat mounted upside down (wrong verse) or because it is old and lazy and does not open? or open / close too slow?
    2- Could be just a water pump not performing well anymore? (due to the previous owner it was changed 50.000 km ago)
    3- Based on your experience with the this engine, what are the measures of PCM.ECT, PCM.CHT and OBDII.ECT of your engines? what should be the normal temperature?
    4- Do you know how much could ask a workshop to change thermostat + its housing/gasket + water pump + replace water + pulleys / serpentine belt?

Thank you very much for any advice.
    Much appreciated.
    Vielen Dank.
    F.

Thema:

temperature questions with Zetec-se 1.6, PCM.CHT and PCM.ECT over 125 Celsius

Die Seite wird geladen...

temperature questions with Zetec-se 1.6, PCM.CHT and PCM.ECT over 125 Celsius - Ähnliche Themen

1. Temperatur Anzeige

Temperatur Anzeige: Hallo, Seit drei Tagen Besitze ich meinen Fiesta 1,6l. Bin ganz zufrieden mit dem Fahrzeug und die 101Ps machen schon Spaß:-) Was mir aufgefallen...
  2. Fehlercode B1B71 Avaporator Temperatur sensor

Fehlercode B1B71 Avaporator Temperatur sensor: Hallo meine Damen und Herren Ich bin neu hier und lese immer wieder gerne. Seit 2 Wochen habe ich das Problem das meine Klimaanlage immer wieder...
  3. Fensterheber + Gebläse + Temperatur ausgefallen

Fensterheber + Gebläse + Temperatur ausgefallen: Hallo zusammen, ich bin neu im Forum und wollte euch Begrüßen. Habe ein seltsames Problem welches eingetreten ist. Ich musste den Radio Code...
  4. 170 ST Temperatur

170 ST Temperatur: Hallo meine Freunde, Es geht um den 170 St Baujahr 06/2002. Wie fährt man diesen warm? Welche Stellung müssen Wasser und Öl Temperaturanzeige...
  5. Temperaturanzeige spinnt, Temperatur jedoch richtig

Temperaturanzeige spinnt, Temperatur jedoch richtig: Hallo liebes Forum und vorweg - ich hab natürlich schon die Suche bemüht, und schon einiges zum Thema gefunden - nur eben nicht das richtige. wir...